Paul Bloom joins us in the second segment for a lively discussion about the value of empathy as a guide our moral decisions. And in our first scoop, we talk about Paul's new book (coming in November) Just Babies: The Origin of Good and Evil , racist babies, and how 80s sitcoms changed the world. In the first segment, Dave and Tamler face the music and try to respond to a listener's criticisms of their episode on slurs and offensiveness (Episode 22) .
- The Baby in the Well: The Case Against Empathy by Paul Bloom [newyorker.com]
- Descartes' Baby by Paul Bloom [amazon.com]
- Jesse Prinz "Is empathy necessary for morality" [subcortex.com]
- Pizarro, Bloom, and Detweiler-Bedell on the empathy, disgust, and the moral circle [peezer.net]
- Pre-order Just babies: The origins of good and evil by Paul Bloom [amazon.com]
- Louis CK: My Life is Really Evil.