David and Tamler try to put the topic of campus politics to bed once and for all – with limited success. First, we get into a big fight about the prevalence and danger of political correctness in American universities. We junked that recording, and tried to distill our best points into a new one. (Trust us – it was for the best.) We also narrow down all the topic recommendations from our beloved Patreon supporters to five finalists. In the second segment, James Lindsay (co-author of the "Conceptual Penis" hoax) joins us to talk about why he thinks the hoax was more successful in exposing gender studies than some of their critics (including us) have suggested.
- James Lindsay (@GodDoesnt) | Twitter
- James Lindsay's Website (God Doesn't; We Do)
- Skeptic » Reading Room » The Conceptual Penis as a Social Construct: A Sokal-Style Hoax on Gender Studies
- Alan Sokal: Some Thoughts on “The Conceptual Penis as a Social Construct” Hoax
- Break Music: Dusted by peez [soundcloud.com]